After spending an entire week at a certified Kinderhotel (Children’s Hotel) in Austria, I just had to say this is the most genius idea ever. Initially, I thought the Kinderhotel was one hotel, but it’s actually a theme in which a hotel adopts to be a part of the exclusive group of Kinderhotels. For me “working”, this place was a Godsend: so many playgrounds, pools, swings, trampolines, cars, games, and not to mention, employees, to keep the kids busy. The employees speak at the minimum English and German and entertain kids like no other. I for one, forgot most of those silly but highly engaging playground games we all used to know and love, but you bet they know them. I just followed them around and made sure no one face planted.
What makes this place special?
- Endless selection of activities: indoor/outdoor heated swimming pool, hot tub, themed water park, indoor play place, sports gym, video game room, theater & performance center, arts and crafts room, trampolines, swings, slides, playgrounds, toy cars, aquarium, mascots walking around
- Field Trips: there are daily planned excursions such as biking, canyoning, hiking, etc.
- All Inclusive: buffet style breakfast, lunch, snack time and dinner, fountain drinks, juice boxes, hot cocoa
- Night Activities: dancing to Kinderhotel themed music with the mascots, sports, movie nights, plays, magicians, etc. (all while mom and dad eat)
- Rooms: bunk beds for kids, low sink for children, bubble bath in bathrooms (it’s the little things after all), Disney Channel, glowing stars on the ceiling, children’s sized robes
So, what’s in it for the parents?
- Spa: full service + saunas
- Fitness Center: work out equipment + free aerobic classes daily
- Child Care
- Adult Dinner Menu: they upscale the food for the parents and serve 3+ courses, salad bar available lunch and dinner
- potential friendships with relatable people