Two weeks left in Germany (until next time). Two weeks until I step foot in Texas for the first time since December 26. Two weeks until I get to see family and friends – people that have known me forever. Two weeks until all the Tex-Mex I can eat. This is all too exciting.
Two weeks also means six weeks without Germany. Two weeks left with my amazing host family. Two weeks left with some of the most ridiculous and spontaneous people I have ever met. Two weeks left in the Waldstadt. Six weeks without seeing my little tot. Six weeks without new best friends. Six weeks in the massive sauna we like to call Houston.
All two weeks means right now though is a too long to do list.
- obtain my new visa
open a German bank account(yes, I went a year without one)
- transfer cell phone contract to new account
- renew my BahnCard 50
- sort stuff going home vs. staying here
- move out and into new room
- pack for Houston
- take family photos for my au pair family (gift to the mother)
- say good-bye to my friends that won’t be here when I move back
- deregister and reregister with the city for my new address
And all I actually want to do is spend quality time with everyone here before I go home and besides the whole visa ordeal (this is obvi #1 so I can come back), everything else is on the back burner.